HOLY CHILDHOOD SUNDAY 2022
13th February 2022 (06th Sunday in Ordinary Time-Year C)
(Readings: Jr 17:5-8; Ps 1:1-2,3,4 and 6; 1 Cor 15:12, 16-20; Lk 6:17, 20-26)
Church celebrates the Holy Childhood Sunday, in order to promote, encourage and support
Children Helping Children. The theme for the year 2022 is ‘Let us Share
The motto of the Holy Childhood has been enriched to
- CHILDREN PRAYING FOR CHILDREN,
- CHILDREN HELPING CHILDREN WORLDWIDE,
- CHILDREN EVANGELIZING CHILDREN,
Through their behaviour and life’s message, the missionary children are witnesses and an example for their peers and the whole community.
More importantly for those who influence the children directly or indirectly, to be a witness: like Parents, Family, Relatives, Friends, Teachers, Catechists, Animators, Religious, Priests, and others.
It is a day to pray for those children who are victims of various evils that prevail in the world, which affect their growth and development – physically, intellectually, mentally, emotionally, socially and spiritually. In a special way we pray for all the children who are dying without having received Baptism.
As Jesus teaches us the great values of life through the beatitudes, let us also make all the possible efforts to live the beatitudes, and especially teach them to our children.
Prayer of the Faithful:
Cel: Dear sisters, brothers and children in Christ, we learn the values of God’s Kingdom from the Beatitudes. Let us ask God to strengthen us to follow them sincerely, and pray:
Lord hear our prayer.
- For the leaders of the Church, that they may live the values taught by Jesus and light up the lives of the faithful children who are entrusted to their care. Let us Pray to the Lord.
- For all the Children, that they understand the importance of praying, helping and evangelizing other children, and live a life of Missionary Children in their everyday activities. Let us Pray to the Lord.
- For the Children to help other children monetarily and spiritually, by way of sharing what they have, with the spirit of solidarity and missionary charity of the work. Let us Pray to the Lord.
- For all of us who are gathered in this Eucharistic assembly: Help us to live as the Beatitudes of Jesus, especially by being a witness to the children and help us to learn the values of God’s Kingdom. Let us pray to the Lord.
- For the children who are dying without receiving baptism, for the unwanted child before they are born, and for all the diseased, that they may enjoy the peace and joy in the company of saints in heaven. Let us Pray to the Lord.
Pray silently for our personal and community needs.
Cel: God our Father, you have blessed us with your words that teaches us to be your true witnesses. We ask you to bless all the children in a special way today, that they may be an example by their behaviour and life. We place all these prayers and petitions through Christ our Lord. Amen.
The Children’s Prayer
O Infant Jesus,
model of Holy Childhood,
Grant to all the children of the world
to grow up in a family
like the Holy Family of Nazareth.
may they rejoice in love and affection
of parents and relatives.
May they receive human and religious education
in order to grow in wisdom, maturity and grace
in the presence of God
and with human community.
Allow them to be dully accompanied
by loving adults,
so that they be worthily prepared
to take their role in the Church and in society.
We ask You through the intercession of
the Blessed Virgin Mary and St. Joseph. Amen.
(Courtesy: PMS – Togo)